Beloved Presents, in association with The Village Building Convergence, is hosting The Polish Ambassador at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland this Friday, June 5. The show also features the Liminus Visual Experience and special guests Desert Dwellers and Dirtwire, hosted by The Poet Pistachio.
The Polish Ambassador’s shows are engaging and unique; he uses his live sound mixing and midi instruments to create new sounds at each live performance, ranging from hip-hop, funk, glitch and electro beats.
I can feel all the good vibes stirring up for this event! So looking forward to coming up to PDX again, and especially to celebrate along with The Village Building Convergence — David Sugalski
But don’t wait until Friday to see The Polish Ambassador (TPA) live in action. Sugalski will be heading out to the 15th annual Village Building Convergence for the days leading up to his show. In tune with TPA’s commitment to permaculture and community action, the Village Building Convergence (VBC) offers workshops and eco-oriented placemaking projects throughout the city. This year’s theme is called “Thrive It Up.”
Announced through the Facebook event page, TPA plans on attending a project each day that he’s in town including:
- Wednesday, June 3 from 10am – 4pm at the Neighborhoods Garden at 835 SE 162nd Ave for community farming and soil building.
- Thursday, June 4 from 10am – 4pm at Native American Youth and Family Center (5135 NE Columbia) to help with the mosaic work on a cob oven.
- Friday, June 5 from 1pm – 3:30pm (meeting first at Planet Repair Institute before carpooling to the SW Portland site) for tree planting.
- Saturday, June 6 from 11am – 1pm at the Tryon Life Community Farm for permaculture gardening and then also at the Share-It-Square on SE 9th and SE Sherrett St for intersection street art.
- Sunday, June 7 from 11am – 3pm at the Attunement Center (1732 N Blandena St) for various projects at the urban permaculture homestead guesthaus and eco village.
Take some time this week to give back to our community, then grab your jumpsuits, let loose and party the night away on Friday, June 5 at The Crystal Ballroom. Tickets are still available but they will likely sell out soon.
Dance Music NW will notify you when there is breaking news in the Pacific Northwest nightlife industry.